Quinoa with Chicken, Grapes & Almonds
Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Grapes, and Almonds
(1 serving = 1 ¼ cups)
-2 cups of water
- 1 ¼ cup quinoa, red and brown mixed
-1 teaspoon vinegar (rice or balsamic)
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
-1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-2 cups shredded chicken breast
-2 cups red grapes, halved
-1/2 cup sliced and toasted almonds
-3-4 cups baby spinach, chopped
-1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1. Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain. Bring 2 cups water to boil and stir in quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer about 12-15 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed. Uncover, and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon and lime juices with sea salt and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil and the fresh chopped herbs. Mix well.
3. Add the cooled quinoa to dressing, and toss. Add chicken, grapes, nuts, chopped baby spinach, and green onions and toss again.
4. Serve at room temperature or chilled, if preferred.
Tips: Have chicken cooked and shredded or chopped ahead of time, if desired.